Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Apple Carrot Molasses Muffins

I found these little muffins on pinterest at http://catesworldkitchen.com/2010/02/molasses-muffins/. I brought them to school for the 4th grade team and they were a big hit! They are so moist and just the right amount of sweetness. For being so delicious, it's hard to believe they are so healthy. Even the hubby loved them which was a big surprise! I really encourage you to try them. They would be perfect to make on a Sunday night to eat throughout the week for breakfast.

1. Add all your dry ingredients together in a bowl.

2. Grate one large carrot and 1 apple.

3. Mix all your wet ingredients together, including carrot and apple.

4. Slowly mix your dry ingredients into the wet. Add the chopped walnuts.

5. Fill your muffin pan. I used a mini muffin pan. Bake at 350 until toothpick comes out clean.


Apple Carrot Molasses Muffins

1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
2 eggs
2/3 c. molasses
1 apple peeled and grated (I used a gala apple)
1 large carrot grated
1/2 c. walnuts chopped
1/4 c. oil (I used coconut oil)

Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl. Grate your carrot and apple. Mix wet ingredients along with the carrot and apple. Add dry ingredients to wet and add your nuts. Bake at 350 in either regular or mini muffin tin until toothpick comes out clean. Makes about 14 regular muffins or about 30 mini muffins.


2 comments:

  1. I was going to become a follower, but I can't find your button. Can you point me in that direction? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure either! Let me try to figure it out and I'll get back to you!

    ReplyDelete