Monday, December 10, 2012

CrockPot Chicken Noodle Soup


I've had a cold, so chicken noodle soup seemed to be the perfect fix. I had never made chicken noodle soup before, so I called up my mom to see how she makes it. I put my usual spin on her's and this is what I came up with! It's very thick-almost like a stew. If you prefer a more broth-y soup, then use more chicken broth. Enjoy!

Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup


1 can cream of chicken soup (we use Campbell's Healthy Request for lower sodium and fat)

3 c. chicken broth (we use 33% less sodium)
1 pkg. frozen mixed vegetables
1 c. frozen mixed peas/carrots
1/2 chopped onion
2 ribs chopped celery
1 bay leaf
1-1.5 tsp. salt (we use sea salt for everything)
1 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
dash of thyme
1/2 rotisserie chicken shredded (white and dark meat)
couple handfuls of egg noodles (about 1.5 cups)


In the crockpot pour cream of chicken soup, broth, veggies, and seasonings. Cook on high-2hrs or low-4hrs. (These work best with my crockpot. Your's may need less or more time). Next add shredded chicken and noodles. Cook for another hour. I'm sure you could put all ingredients except for noodles in the pot and cook on low for 5 or 6 hours, and then add the noodles at the last 30 min. This is just the way I decided to do it, since the chicken was already cooked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment